Wednesday 28 March 2018

#LiveYourLife - Jessie J

Vol 1 “Whatever path we choose to take, there will be highs and lows” - Jessie J


Michelle's corner: Sorry for the delay 😊. Thanks to everyone that read my previous post👋, I hope it was fun to read and educational✌. 

Hi guys,

Jessica Ellen Cornish (Jessie J) is one of my favorite English singer and songwriter. Her songs are not only full of life; they are rich in amazing lyrics. I remember feeling all hyped the first time I heard “price tag” - one of her earliest songs (I know most people did too😉). Remember “Pitch Perfect 2 - Flashlight”, she wrote and recorded that too. Angie Miller – an American Idol alum, helped heighten my love for Jessie’s music through her rendition of “mamma knows best” “who you are” and “nobody’s perfect” (you should watch these performances on Youtube😄). 

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/jessie-j/images/35489374/title/jessie-j-alive-fanart
I was recently listening to Jessie’s “Alive” Album, and “Harder we fall” came on. Just like every topic I have chosen to write about, the messages of the song just imprinted in my brain and I decided to make these our discussion today. I was able to deduce the under-listed (maybe not limited to these, you could find more when you listen to the song itself✌): 
  1. Enjoy the present while preparing for tomorrow. LIVE YOUR LIFE 
  2. The harder you fall the harder you try. JUST TRY AGAIN
  3. Don’t cut corners because you want the easy way, the reality no one tells us is - nothing is easy in life. WHATEVER PATH WE CHOOSE THE HUSTLE IS THE SAME
I will be discussing these IMPORTANT messages in series; for this write-up we will discuss the first point - LIVE YOUR LIFE

I once had a friend who liked to dwell on the present without thinking about tomorrow. She later realized that, in most case, its what you sow that you’ll reap. Personally, I think the present shapes how tomorrow will look like. You can’t be nonchalant about your present life and expect tomorrow to be any different. People say “today is pregnant and you deliver tomorrow” (not sure how the proverb goes, but you get what I am trying to say 😝). The truth is, I am guilty of living in the moment, but early adulthood has shown me “pepper”; from making rash decisions TO not practically analyzing my thoughts, most of which led to regrettable decisions. 

Image from: https://goo.gl/uzM5tg
Nonetheless, one of my friends who would normally plan for the future even before settling in the present, has also regretted her actions😑. She wished that she had settled in the moment for a bit, before looking into the future. For example, she got a job after undergraduate with great prospect and pay (in Nigeria, this is rare 😟), but didn’t work a month at the job before she insisted on a masters degree overseas (which was funded by her parents). This was because most of us were going for our postgraduate degrees outside the country. Unknowing to her, people were leaving for these degrees because they couldn’t find a job with their Bachelors (myself included). Fast forward to now, she is back in the country, her masters degree didn’t go as expected and she presently has no job. The most frustrating thing, for her, are the sponsored overseas postgraduate degrees and short courses organized by her old work place, for our mates who secured the job when she did back then. 

I can only advice that we should take each day as it comes and try to understand today before pursuing tomorrow. I am of the opinion that if today is dealt with, tomorrow is sorted (hopefully). 

Have you been living in the moment or planning for the future or both at every stage of your life? PLEASE share in the comment section or send me an email to post anonymously on whether any of those have been helpful or not. #LiveYourLIfe


Love,

Michelle

PS: Volume 2 will be posted next week Monday and Don’t forget to like and share this blog with people in your network.

No comments:

Post a Comment