Monday 19 March 2018

#LearningToEvolve - Big Brother Naija


“Sometimes you learn but you don’t recognize the lesson as it comes: K-Brule Big Brother Naija, 16 February 2018"


Michelle's corner: Thanks to everyone that read my previous post👋, I hope you liked it✌. 


Image from: https://goo.gl/CHufrT
Just like many Nigerians right now, I watch Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) 😄 and I try to follow the show. The frenzy around BBNaija is so intense, and the fan-base has increased since the 2017 - see gobbe season. Just like most people, I have gotten used to the housemates (HMs), and at this point do not wish anyone leaves (Though not possible!!). The HMs have individually contributed to the show's popularity with their distinct characters👍.

Bambam’s subtle but calculative features show her commendable tolerance and cohabiting ability. Her relationship with Teddy😉has also created fan wars #BamTeddy; Teddy’s ability to remain friends with everyone, whilst still competing in the game, is just pure focus. This is commendable as he's aware of the HMs' (Tobi in particular😸) “beef” for his relationship with Bam. Tobi’s body is unquestionable #ManGoals (That boy is FINE!!!💪😜), his roller-coaster relationship with Cee-c has definitely caused a lot of social media "wahala"; Cee-c’s Saturday "bumbum" dance is definitely a trademark, however, her previous friction with Lolu was the real "double wahala👊. 


Image from:http://www.ghafla.com/ng/bbndouble-wahala-housemates-possible-fake-eviction/
Lolu’s spoken English is always a delight to the ear, his romance with the beautiful naturalista – Anto is cute; Anto’s fire spirit with her very blunt “no time to waste time” attitude is super cool, her cornrows by Nina makes me wonder what I did wrong with my hair. Nina’s character “screams” young but she is undeniably a breath of fresh air, Her romance with Miracle makes relationships look less complicated; Miracle’s gentle but playful and manly behavior sure gets to the ladies😉. Rico’s funny gestures are widely appreciated, as well as Alex’s dance skills💃. Without totally diverting from the primary reason for this write-up, I should “jejely” go to K-Brule😀. 


Image from:http://kitodiaries.com/but-how-gay-is-bbnaija-double-wahala/
K-Brule is my lightweight "broda" that does not handle alcohol very well. I thought he was a cool dude in the house, sadly he was disqualified at the first eviction show😑. On the 16th of February 2018, as I was working on some documents from school, I turned on the TV to watch BBNaija. K-Brule was seated with Lolu and maybe Angel (can't remember the third person) in the garden, they were having a very serious and deep conversation about the moment they had to grow up. Lolu sadly stated that his mum's death made him realize he needed to grow up👨. During their interactive conversation on growth and self-betterness, K-Brule contributed to Lolu’s discussion by suggesting that “sometimes you learn but you don’t recognize the lesson as it comes”. He added that “somethings happen later and you react differently, then you realize you reacted that way because of the lessons you previously learned (unknowingly)”. I stopped what I was doing for a minute to properly digest what I just heard him say. I think this is very TRUE!!!

I thought about this quote for a while and I found numerous scenarios. However, I decided to share the most recent of all:

A friend of mine whom I would normally help when she needed my assistance, neglected to help me with something of great importance. This was someone that I would assist, even when it was not convenient or when I was in a very bad mood. By the way, I am someone who loves to help people as much as I can and in a weird way, I expect everyone to be like that. This is why I was really hurt by this. However, unlike my previous self, I handled things differently. Previously, I would have cut ties with the person and just see such people as evil and self-centered, thereby losing friends. The thing is, maybe this particular friend was/is self-centered or needs an attitude change, however, I decided to lower my expectation and wait till my anger settled. I later contacted her to express my disappointment, to which she gave excuses and apologized. I accepted the apology and we are still friends, but now I understand the level of friendship that exists between us. 

I would have never tried to settle the issue and might have held a grudge, but I chose not to. This is because I realized that leaving people because they do not give you as much as you give them, doesn’t ensure that you will find better people. You can choose to understand the level of friendship and hope to find others with similar spirit as yours. This doesn't suggest that my approach to this situation was right, but I decided to break the cycle of leaving people because of my expectations from them; often times old friends will claim that I drifted away and they never understood why😞. 

I have recently started evaluating how much I have grown and I think I am doing well. Kindly do the same, as lessons learned are measures of how much you had to deal with to GROW. 


Love, 

Michelle 


Has anything happened recently that suggests you might have learned a lesson unknowingly, based on a previous experience(s)? Please share in the comment section or send to my email to post anonymously #LearningToEvolve.


PS: Don’t forget to like and share this blog with people in your network.


No comments:

Post a Comment